This year, the Kellogg Honors College (KHC) is celebrating its 20th anniversary. A celebration for the KHC’s 20th anniversary will be held at noon on Feb. 13 at the KHC headquarters in Building 1, room 201. All are welcome to attend.
“I am overjoyed to be the new director of the Kellogg Honors College (KHC) and looking forward to celebrating the achievements of past directors who built and shaped this amazing program. With the support of CPP faculty, staff, students, and administrators, I look forward to charting the course for the next 20 and making the KHC an embodiment of inclusive excellence,” said Kellogg Honors College Director and Professor Claudia Garcia-Des Lauriers.
To commemorate the 20years of excellence, KHC held a logo competition open to all current CPP students for the 20th anniversary celebration and KHC student Raphael Napinas, a third year computer science major, created the winning design.
Check out this timeline of achievements:
- 2003: University Honors Program is established in the spring with 60 students. Professor Amanda Podany is director.
- 2005: Professor Sara Garver becomes the 2nd director.
- 2006: Kellogg Honors College founded (changed from a program) with the generous support of Jean Kellogg.
- 2007: Poly Scholars floor established in Montecito residence hall. Professor Suketu Bhavsar becomes the third director.
- 2013: Kellogg Honors College celebrates 10 years at Cal Poly Pomona with 321 current students and 256 alumni.
- 2020: Suketu Bhavsar retires. Professor Claudia Garcia Des-Laurier becomes interim director.
- 2022: Garcia Des-Laurier becomes fourth director.
Since 2003, the Kellogg Honors College has provided students an inclusive learning community so they can get the most out of their Cal Poly Pomona education. After two decades, Kellogg Honors College has given more than 2,319 students the opportunity to cultivate their talents, provided enriching and innovative academic experiences, and built a nurturing community of scholars. Kellogg Honors College has done this by supporting students through mentorship, scholarship and internship opportunities.
Kellogg Honors College is accepting student applications for fall 2023. Applications are open to incoming first-year freshmen, current Cal Poly Pomona freshmen completing their first year and incoming transfers. Information on the applications process is listed on the Kellogg Honors College website.