Commencement 2022 is just three months away, and we are excited to share new details about the event, which will take place in the University Quad on May 20 to 22. This message includes updates on the schedule, ticketing, Grad Fair, Safer Return protocols, parking, security, and dates and deadlines.
Seniors applying for spring 2022 or summer 2022 graduation, as well as recent graduates from summer 2021 and fall 2021 are invited to participate in the Commencement in May.
To promote a safe environment, the university will hold 12 ceremonies over three days, Friday through Sunday. The four larger colleges — Business, CLASS, Engineering, Science — will each hold two ceremonies.
Friday, May 20
- 8:00 a.m. College of Education and Integrative Studies
- 11:30 a.m. The Collins College of Hospitality Management
- 3:00 p.m. Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture
- 6:30 p.m. College of Environmental Design
Saturday, May 21
- 8:00 a.m. College of Business Administration #1
- Computer Information Systems
- Finance, Real Estate & Law
- Information Security
- Management & Human Resources
- Master of Business Administration
- 11:30 a.m. College of Business Administration #2
- Business Analytics
- International Business & Marketing
- Technology Operations Management
- 3:00 p.m. College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences #1
- 6:30 p.m. College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences #2
- English & Modern Languages
- Geography & Anthropology
- Philosophy/Science, Technology & Society
- Political Science/MPA
- Theater & New Dance
Sunday, May 22
- 8:00 a.m. College of Engineering #1
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 11:30 a.m. College of Engineering #2
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical & Materials Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- 3:00 p.m. College of Science #1
- Biological Sciences
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Geological Sciences
- Physics & Astronomy
- 6:30 p.m. College of Science #2
- Computer Science
- Kinesiology & Health Promotion
- Mathematics & Statistics
RSVP to Attend Commencement
To confirm your participation at commencement, all graduates must RSVP in addition to applying for graduation. The RSVP process will ensure that you will receive an official Grad Pass (in the form of a QR code) so you can enter the event and be used to cross the stage at ceremony.
- March 24: You will receive an email from Marching Order (the RSVP system) asking you to confirm your participation.
- April 21: Deadline for all graduates to RSVP via Marching Order.
Tickets for Guests
To manage the number of people coming to campus, all guests will need to show a valid ticket. Every graduate will be able to claim eight tickets initially, and more tickets may be available later. All tickets will be free of charge.
- March 24 – April 21: In the initial release, all graduates will receive an email to claim 8 tickets. After April 21, unclaimed tickets may be distributed to other students.
- Late April: If possible, additional tickets will be released for graduates who request them. The amount to be determined by availability.
Grad Fair at The Bronco Bookstore
The event will be held in person on March 15 and 16. The Bronco Bookstore will share details via email, www.cppgrad.com, and a mailer to your home address. You can also follow the bookstore on Instagram at @broncobookstore.
Safer Return Protocols
Cal Poly Pomona is located in Los Angeles County, and our Commencement ceremonies will follow the most current county and state guidelines.
Currently, the protocols include:
- Face masks or face coverings are not required for outdoor mega events. Voluntary wearing of masks is recommended (subject to change based on COVID-19 conditions).
- Proof of vaccination will not be required of attendees. However, we strongly recommend everyone to be up to date with their vaccines (including getting the booster shot), as it is the best way to protect yourself and our community from COVID-19.
Parking is free for all Commencement guests during Commencement weekend.
- Student Graduate parking: Lot F
- Guest Parking: Lot F, Parking Structure 1 and 2
- ADA Parking: Lot C
For safety reasons, all bags are subject to search. All guests and graduates must go through the Bag Check areas around the Commencement venue. Visit the Commencement website for a list of prohibited items.
Dates and Deadlines for Graduates
- March 15-16: Grad Fair at Bronco Bookstore
- March 18: Deadline for students to apply for spring 2022; or summer 2022 graduation (if you plan to participate in commencement ceremonies)
- March 24: Grad Pass RSVPs open, and initial round of Commencement tickets
- April 21: Grad Pass RSVPs and initial round of Commencement tickets close
- Late April: Additional Commencement tickets released (tentative)
- May 20-22: Commencement