Cal Poly Pomona’s Commencement ceremonies will return to campus in May 2022 to celebrate the Class of 2022. The university will hold 12 ceremonies over three days, Friday through Sunday, May 20-22.
More than 7,000 students are expected to graduate and cross the stage in the University Quad. To promote physical distancing, the four larger colleges — CLASS, Business Administration, Engineering, Science — will each hold two ceremonies.
To manage the number of people coming to campus, the university will introduce a ticketing and reservation system for all guests. Each graduate can claim a limited number of free tickets, and the exact number will be announced in the spring. The number will be determined by several factors, including how many students apply for graduation and COVID-19 protocols and environment in the spring. All tickets will be free of charge.
More information about the commencement ceremonies will be released on the Commencement website and via email to students in spring 2022, including number of tickets available, RSVP instructions, parking details, cultural celebrations and the exact schedule for each college’s ceremony.
Graduating seniors should check their Cal Poly Pomona email and the Commencement website for updates and announcements.
2022 Commencement Schedule:
Friday, May 20, 2022
- 8 a.m. – College of Education and Integrative Studies
- 11:30 a.m. – The Collins College of Hospitality Management
- 3 p.m. – Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture
- 6:30 p.m. – College of Environmental Design
Saturday, May 21, 2022
- 8 a.m. – College of Business Administration #1
- 11:30 a.m. – College of Business Administration #2
- 3 p.m. – College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences #1
- 6:30 p.m. – College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences #2
Sunday, May 22, 2022
- 8 a.m. – College of Engineering #1
- 11:30 a.m. – College of Engineering #2
- 3 p.m. – College of Science #1
- 6:30 p.m. – College of Science #2
Important Dates and Deadlines for Graduates:
- March 18, 2022: Deadline for students to apply for spring 2022 or summer 2022 graduation
- March 24: RSVPs open for Commencement tickets
- April 21: RSVPs close for Commencement tickets
- April 26: Additional Commencement tickets released (tentative)
- May 6: RSVP close for additional Commencement tickets (tentative)
- May 20-22: Commencement