Cal Poly Pomona’s new crowdfunding tool is now available campus-wide, opening more opportunities for the community to directly support student organizations, scholarships and initiatives.
This platform allows faculty, staff, students and alumni to create fundraising campaigns covering a variety of needs for passion projects, including scholarships and student organization expenses such as materials, equipment and travel.
“CPP Crowdfunding empowers the campus community to be their own advocates and communicate directly with potential donors,” said Sam Moore, associate director of Parent Philanthropy and Special Gifts. “With this new tool, community members can directly support and continue to provide meaningful experiences to CPP students.”
Ambassadors, typically students, faculty or staff involved in the projects, are encouraged to reach out through their own networks to raise funds for causes and initiatives that they are invested in. The Annual Fund office provides training and support on best practices in philanthropy.
Crowdfunding campaigns to watch out for:
- Bronco Cares Basic Needs Initiative
- Provides personal hygiene kit, meals, emergency hotel voucher and emergency grants.
- Deadline: December 1
- Scholarships: 2020 Senior Class Gift
- Supports the Emerging Scholars scholarship, helping low-income, first-generation college students have an easier transition into college.
- Athletics: Multiple campaigns
- Covers expenses for travel jerseys, uniforms and sports equipment.
- Student clubs: Concrete Canoe Team
- Covers expenses for parts, materials, services, competition travel expenses