The publication Diverse Issues in Higher Education lists Cal Poly Pomona among its 2018 “Top 100 Degree Producers” in awarding bachelor’s degrees to minority students. The university was ranked No. 25 for total bachelor’s degrees awarded to minority students and No. 18 for the total bachelor’s degrees awarded to Asian-American students and to Hispanic students.
In their expanded online database, the following university degree programs were among the best in the nation in awarding bachelor’s degrees to minority students based on 2016-17 data.
- No. 1 in Architecture and Related Services
- No. 3 in Hospitality Administration/Management
- No. 5 Engineering Technologies and Engineering Related Fields
- No. 5 Business Administration Management and Operations
- No. 6 Engineering
- No. 9 Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, and Related Science
- No. 11 Physical Sciences
- No. 16 Mathematics and Statistics
- No. 23 Philosophy and Religious Studies
- No. 24 Family & Consumer Science/Human Science
Cal Poly Pomona is an inclusive polytechnic university with almost 27,000 students located in eastern Los Angeles County. The institution is nationally recognized for its quality educational programs and as a leader in providing its students with the skills and knowledge for successful careers and social mobility.