Parking & Transportation Services (PTS) has made several changes in light of the construction of Parking Structure 2, which is located next to iPoly High School and is scheduled for completion in September 2016.
Besides the renovation of one overflow lot and the addition of another, other changes are being implemented to enhance the parking experience for students, faculty, staff, and campus guests.
The changes include:
Lot C Changes:
Student Rideshare in Lot C Moved to Lot F8
- Having students and staff members park in the same lot created confusion and resulted in students receiving citations.
- Student rideshare is now available in Lot F8 and J only. (The number of student rideshare spaces was not reduced.)
Reserved Parking in Lot C
- The reserved parking spaces in Lot C were moved closer to campus buildings to provide easier access to our campus guests, which often include VIPs.
- No additional reserved parking spaces were added and the number of faculty/staff spaces were not reduced to make this change.
Lots K and B Changes:
Lots K and K Annex
- Due to the construction of Parking Structure 2, Lot K is now closed.
- Lot K Annex (next to iPoly High School) is reserved for iPoly faculty, staff, students and iPoly visitors only.
Temporary Faculty/Staff Parking in Lot B
- Due to the construction of Parking Structure 2, 20 temporary faculty/staff spaces were designated in Lot B for those who work in the southern areas of campus.
- Faculty/staff rideshare parking in Lot K was moved to Lot B due to Parking Structure 2 construction.
Lot F changes:
Resident Parking in Lot F2
- Resident parking was moved from Lot F1 to Lot F2.
- Faculty/staff permits are valid in any lot including Resident lots, except for spaces marked service, medical, student rideshare and 30-minute parking.
Overflow Parking lots
- The lighted overflow lot near the Red Cross building (Kellogg Drive and Valley Blvd.) was paved and now has 500 spaces available for students, faculty and staff parking.
- A new 174-space overflow lot was created across from Innovation Brew Works near the corner of Temple Avenue and Innovation Way. It closes at 6 p.m. daily.
- Bronco Express shuttle service has been enhanced and serves both of these overflow parking lots.
All of these changes are intended to benefit everyone who drives to campus.
Parking Tips for Students:
- Be sure to have your parking permit clearly displayed in your vehicle at all times. Parking permits may be purchased by clicking here, and daily permits are available at any of the 20 pay station machines located throughout campus (click here for a map).
- Consider carpooling – It can reduce the stress of driving every day and provide you with parking spaces closer to classes and buildings.
- Take public transportation – PTS’s Rideshare Office can assist students with taking some form of alternative transportation such as bus or rail.
- Bike or walk to school – get some exercise while eliminating the need to find a parking spot. There is a bike lane from Lot B into the campus core and bike racks located throughout the campus.
Driving to Campus
If you must drive, here are some tips to get you into a parking space and on your way to class:
- Please be patient as new students, faculty and staff learn to get around campus. PTS and University Police will be working to assist with the traffic in key areas.
- Park in one of our two overflow lots.
- Don’t park in Lot K – The small portion of Lot K that remains open is strictly for the use of iPoly High School students, staff and faculty, and a special permit is required to park in that lot. Vehicles without this permit will be issued parking citations.
- Use other outlying parking lots – Instead of circling lots that are full, consider using other outlying parking lots (E1, E2, U, B, and the overflow lots) and riding the Bronco Express to the campus core.
- Arrive early – If you try to find parking five or ten minutes before your class starts, chances are you will be late.
- If possible, stagger your arrival and exit times to avoid the peak travel periods. Traffic is heaviest in the morning Monday through Thursday from 7:30 to 8 a.m.. On Tuesday and Thursday between 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. the parking lots are extremely crowded. Departure traffic is heaviest in the evenings at 5 p.m..
- Give yourself some extra time to move around campus. Delays of several minutes are possible. Use the Bronco Express Shuttle to get around campus. Our online GPS system can be accessed from your smartphone at broncoshuttle.com
- Check out our website for up-to-date information on parking, shuttles, and construction updates. Also, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for up-to-date information and a chance to win a winter 2016 parking permit.
Faculty and staff also can participate in the campus’ Rideshare Program. The office can also assist with finding public transportation options. For more information, call the Rideshare Office at (909) 869-4781 or visit the Rideshare website at https://www.cpp.edu/~parking/rideshare/index.shtml.