Celebrate another successful academic year at this year’s Staff Appreciation Day on Thursday, June 19. Activities include a morning reception, workshops, free lunch and the Variety Show.
Jerald Chesser, professor from The Collins College of Hospitality Management, will be the guest speaker at the morning reception from 8 to 9 a.m. at the Bronco Student Center, Ursa Major.
Various workshops will be presented from 9:30 to 11 a.m. They include:
- Basic auto service, maintenance and repairs, Building 66, room 126
- Basic pet care and grooming, Building 52, multipurpose room
- Cooking demonstration, Collins College, Building 79, room 147
- Designing with succulents, Building 66, room 101
- Floral arranging, BSC, Andromeda Suite
- Skin care and nutrition, University Library, room 4829
- Soul line dancing, BSC, ASI lounge
- Yoga for relaxation and stress relief, BSC, Ursa Minor
- Basketball game, Kellogg Gym
Staff can enroll in these workshops through BroncoDirect. Foundation and ASI staff can enroll by emailing Penne Fode at email@example.com.
All staff members are invited to attend a free Mardi Gras luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. behind Kellogg Gym. The luncheon is sponsored by President Ortiz, the president’s cabinet and the Cal Poly Pomona Foundation Inc., and hosted by Staff Council. Enjoy a Cajun style lunch catered by Kellogg West while listening to music by the Sam Graham Trio.
During the luncheon, browse the Showcase of Talent, which highlights staff artists and crafters.
Four Outstanding Staff recipients will be honored at the luncheon. They are:
- Carol Couchman, Foundation Dining Services
- Carol Lee, Student Affairs VP office
- Marissa Martinez, Office of the Provost
- Adeline Yoshioka, Student Affairs Information and Technology Services
The day will end with the popular Variety Show at 2 p.m. in the University Theatre.
Staff Appreciation Day is the largest annual event organized by Staff Council. For more information about the event or to get involved with Staff Council, visit www.cpp.edu/~staffcouncil.