The Alumni Association will honor current faculty members with a new award, the Alumni Outstanding Teaching Award, in honor of the university’s 75th Anniversary.
The award will recognize an outstanding faculty member who makes a difference in the lives of their students through creative teaching methods and/or campus involvement. Individual students or a group of students can nominate an exceptional faculty member.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current Cal Poly Pomona faculty member, and have been a Cal Poly Pomona faculty member for at least 3 years.
- Have original knowledge of their subject matter.
- Have original and innovative classroom presentations.
- Demonstrate concern for students, both inside and outside the university setting.
- Not have been a recipient of this award in the past.
The Alumni Association Board of Directors will review the nominees and select a professor who will be recognized at the annual Distinguished Alumni Awards dinner in April.
“The Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association is excited to engage our students in announcing this new award honoring our faculty. So many of our alumni are involved and engaged with the university because of the impact a faculty member had on us when we were students,” Jill Escoto, president of the Alumni Association, says. “It’s time the Alumni Association said thank you through this student-driven honor.”
Nomination forms are on the Alumni Association website and at must be submitted by Feb. 7 at 5 p.m. They may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Alumni Affairs, 3801 W. Temple Ave., Pomona, CA 91768.