This fall, CPP students can access three additional courses offered at CSU Bakersfield and CSU East Bay without paying additional fees. Registration begins now, and students must already be enrolled in at least 6.1 units.
Cal Poly Pomona students may enroll in:
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology (satisfies GE Area D3, equivalent to CPP SOC 201)
- GEOL 110: Our Oceans (satisfies GE Areas B1+B3, no course equivalency)
- MUS 1006: History of Rock and Roll (satisfies GE Area C1, equivalent to CPP MU 109)
To view the courses and get more information about how to register, go to https://calstate.edu/concurrent.
Through the CSU’s new Intrasystem Concurrent Enrollment (ICE) program, students in the CSU paying full-time fees have access to a wide range of online courses at other campuses. There is no additional cost for the online courses, and course credit will be automatically reported to the home campus and included on degree progress reports.
For the fall term, 36 fully online courses are available. These offerings cover a wide range of topics including general biology, physical geography, business finance, critical reasoning and visual communication. At this time, students on quarter campuses may only take classes from other quarter campuses; semester students may only take classes from other semester campuses.
Students are urged to consult with an academic adviser before signing up to verify that the course will satisfy graduation requirements for their major.
Also to note:
- The form to apply to the ICE program is available at https://calstate.edu/concurrent.
- A minimum of 50 “seats” are available in each online course.
- At this time, students may register for only one online class each term.
- The course will count toward students’ overall GPA.
- All deadlines are based on the schedule of the campus offering the course.