In his weekly video message, President Ortiz reports the university will conduct its quarterly test of the Safety Alert System on Thursday morning. The system, which is part of the campus’ emergency communications plan, will send out brief test messages to email, phones and computers. This quarter, the Safety Alert System includes a new feature called Alertus, which sends out desktop notifications to campus computers.
Other topics in the president’s video message:
- Police Chief Guerin retiring Dec. 7
- Former curator Patrick Merrill’s artwork on display at the W. Keith and Janet Kellogg University Art Gallery
- Midnight Madness on Nov. 30
- Basketball season
- Care packages to military in Afghanistan and Kuwait
- Donation drive for homeless people in Pomona.
To read the entire video message, download a PDF of the transcript.