University Police has released a sketch of a man suspected in two robberies last week that occurred in the same general area. The robber is described as a white man in his 20s, about 5-foot-9, with a thin build and blond hair.
Both incidents last week involved cell phones, and descriptions of the assailant are similar.
On Thursday, May 3, a white male approached a student who was walking through Parking Lot K toward the bus stop at Temple Avenue and South Campus Drive. After demanding to see the student’s phone, the man punched him in the face, took the cell phone and ran.
On Monday, April 30, a white male in his early 20s asked to use a student’s cell phone, then punched him in the face and ran away. The student was walking on the sidewalk between the track at Kellogg Field and Scolinos Field near Parking Lot B.
Students, faculty and staff should be aware of their surroundings and report any suspicious-looking people or situations immediately.
To reach University Police, use a Code Blue Box or call (909) 869-3070. Anonymous tips may be reported by leaving a voicemail at (909) 869-3399. This number provides voicemail features only and does not display or record location or caller ID information.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid talking on your cell phone or texting while in transit.
- Travel with others when practical.
- Call for a Safety Escort during hours of darkness at (909) 869-3070.
- Notify University Police immediately of suspicious persons/situations.
- Program the University Police number, (909) 869-3070, into your cell phone.