Cal Poly Pomona has introduced the Steering Committee of its inaugural $150 million comprehensive campaign. The committee includes influential business leaders from around the country, as well as award-winning entertainer Paul Anka.
Led by Panda Restaurant Group Chairman Andrew Cherng, the seven-person committee will help guide major fundraising initiatives, develop strategies, advise the university’s leadership, and act as ambassadors to promote Cal Poly Pomona.
The comprehensive campaign will ensure that the university continues providing a quality, hands-on education to generations of future students. Gifts and donations from alumni and supporters will help establish scholarships and faculty endowments, build and improve facilities, and expand community outreach services.
The committee members are:
- Andrew J.C. Cherng, chairman (Panda Restaurant Group, Inc., chairman)
- Paul Anka, honorary chair (Award-winning entertainer)
- Michael Ferguson, University Educational Trust liaison (Stephens Media Group, vice president & chief operating officer)
- Ron Gregoire, vice chair, corporate (businessman and philanthropist)
- Mickey Segal, vice chair, planned giving (Nigro Karlin Segal & Feldstein LLP, managing partner)
- Kent Valley, vice chair, endowment (Majestic Realty Co., senior vice president)
- Eva Wassermann, vice chair, foundation giving (State Parkway Advisory, principal)