|College of Business Administration graduates celebrate at the 2008 ceremony.|
|Commencement ceremonies for each college take place over three days.|
More than 3,700 students are expected to take part in Cal Poly Pomona's 53rd annual commencement ceremonies June 12-14.
The university holds eight ceremonies representing each of its colleges over the three-day span. All ceremonies will take place in the University Quad, adjacent to the Campus Center Marketplace (Building 97). Parking is free throughout commencement weekend. Tickets are not required.
Of special note this year, Cal Poly Pomona and the California State University will present two honorary doctorates. Alumnus Don Huntley, a highly successful farmer and businessman in Fresno, will receive an honorary degree from the College of Agriculture. The Collins College of Hospitality Management will present an honorary doctorate to Richard N. Frank, chairman of Lawry's Restaurant.
Below is the schedule of the 2009 commencement ceremonies as well as recipients of the Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence and mace bearers. Similar to a valedictorian, McPhee Scholars are chosen for their stellar work throughout their college career at Cal Poly Pomona. Additionally, each college or school chooses an outstanding faculty member to be the mace bearer.
Friday, June 12
- 4 p.m. College of Science
- Lauren Rae Carey, Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence
- Charles Millner, mace bearer
- 8 p.m. College of Education and Integrative Studies
- Jessica Holinsworth, Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence
- Patricia deFreitas, mace bearer
Saturday, June 13
- 9 a.m. College of Business Administration
- Heather Marie Smith, Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence
- Phillip Ghazanfari, mace bearer
- 4 p.m. College of Agriculture
- Amanda Spikerman, Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence
- Fred Roth, mace bearer
- 7:30 p.m. College of Engineering
- Bryan Gardner, Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence
- Peter Clark mace bearer
Sunday, June 14
- 10 a.m. College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences
- Ara Astourian, Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence
- Tina McCorkindale, mace bearer
- 4:30 p.m. College of Environmental Design
- Cassandra Pruett, Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence
- Ana Maria Whitaker, mace bearer
- 7:30 p.m. Collins College of Hospitality Management
- Kaleriya Zelenskaya, Julian McPhee Award for Student Excellence
- Robert Small, mace bearer