|Flames leap up as Dr. Jerry Chesser of Collins Coollege makes Pan Perdu at last year's Staff Appreciation Day.|
|Glendy and Terry Yeh of Administrative Affairs perform at the Variety Show.|
Celebrate another successful academic year at this year's Staff Appreciation Day on Thursday, June 18. Mr. Cal Poly Pomona, Ron Simons, will help Staff Council kick off this annual event at an 8 a.m. reception and motivational in the Campus Center Marketplace.
Several fun and informative workshops will begin at 9:30 a.m. following the reception. They are:
- Creating a Gift Basket, Agriculture Building 2-201
- Maintaining a Rose Garden, Kellogg Rose Garden
- Yoga, Location TBA
- Disaster Preparedness, Library Building 15-4825
- Basketball Game Between Administrators and Staff, Gym Building 43
- Floral Arrangements, Library Building 15-1802
- Tour of the Arabian Horse Center
- Financial Planning, CLA Building 98-B1-31
- Handwriting Analysis, Agriculture, Building 2-113
- Campus Tour, CLA Building 98 Shuttle Stop
- Cooking Demonstration, Collins College Building 70-147
All staff members are invited to a free luncheon at 11:30 a.m. near the Kellogg Rose Garden and Paseo. No RSVP is required. The luncheon is sponsored by President Ortiz, the President's Cabinet and the Cal Poly Pomona Foundation, Inc. Kellogg West will cater the lunch, and the menu will include chicken and vegetarian entrees.
Four staff members will be honored at the lunch as Outstanding Staff Employees for 2008-09. Following the ceremony and luncheon, the ever-popular Staff Variety Show will begin at 2 p.m in the University Theatre, with new acts as well as repeat favorites.
Staff Appreciation Day is the largest annual event organized by Staff Council. For more information about the event or to get involved, visit www.cpp.edu/~staff_council/.