President Michael Ortiz honored this year's Outstanding Academic Advisers for their dedication to students with an awards reception on May 14 in the CLA Building's Heritage Room.
This year's nine outstanding advisers are:
- Dr. Frederick Roth, Plant Sciences / College of Agriculture
- Dr. F. Phillip Ghazanfari, Finance, Real Estate & Law / College of Business Administration
- Dr. Patricia A. de Freitas, Ethnic & Womens Studies / College of Education & Integrative Studies
- Mr. Clifford M. Stover, Mechanical Engineering / College of Engineering
- Mr. Andrew O. Wilcox, Landscape Architecture / College of Environmental Design
- Dr. Donald W. St. Hilaire, Collins College of Hospitality Management
- Dr. Tina Carroll McCorkindale, Communication / College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Dr. Pamela J. Sperry, Biological Sciences / College of Science
- Ms. Kim Huynh, Student Support and Equity Programs (SSEP) / Student Affairs
In addition, the Academic Support Services for Student Affairs
Student-Athletes was recognized for being an outstanding advising program.