|Students get information about advising at a previous workshop.|
From April 21 through May 16, the university will mark Advising Month with numerous events focused on promoting students' academic and professional success.
As summer and fall registrations approach, it's an important time for students to see an advisor. In addition to meeting with an advisor, students are encouraged to peruse many of the 50-minute workshops planned throughout the month.
These, and many more workshops will be offered:
- Transfer Students – Getting the Most Credit Out of Your Transfer Courses
- Not for Men Only: Making It In the Boys Club
- Is Graduate School for You?
- A Cut Above the Rest: Internships, Clubs & Service-Learning Get You the Job
- GPA Going South? Why It Matters and What to do to Head North
- Pathways to Becoming a Credentialed Teacher in the State of California
This year, student clubs and the residence halls will host some workshop sessions. These sponsored sessions will be indicated in the schedule information for each workshop and on the “Find a Session” search page.
For detail on the workshops, visit https://academic.cpp.edu/advisingmonth/ or call the Office of Undergraduate Studies at (909) 869-6975.