|During the message President Ortiz announced that the campus will come together for a CSU budget rally April 8.|
University President Michael Ortiz has released a video message to keep the community up to speed on important issues facing Cal Poly Pomona this winter.
The eight-minute message highlights several key topics such as class availability; a rally on April 8 to address the California State University's budget; and Connect-Ed, which is a new emergency alert system.
Ortiz also reflects on the university's vision and identity initiative and Achieving Our Mission: Stories of Successful Learning, which was a two-day event promoting learning-centeredness.
Please take a moment to watch the message.
Mac Users (must have Flip4Mac installed.)
To view with real-time captions, select Play -> Lyrics, Captions and Subtitles. Then make sure Captions is selected.
A written transcript of the message is available.
In addition, Ortiz invites the campus to stay current with the vision and identity initiative. A number of documents have been posted onto Blackboard, including the outcomes of the initial survey and the transcripts from the first six of Ortiz' focus group meetings.
To access the University Identity and Vision Planning Process Blackboard site, please do the following steps:
- Go to Blackboard landing page at http://blackboard.cpp.edu
- Click the Blackboard Login button
- Enter your BroncoName, BroncoPassword and click Login
- Click the Organizations tab, which is the third tab located right below the Bb @ Cal Poly Pomona logo
- Find the University Identity and Vision Planning Process section and follow further instructions there.