More than three dozen influential business leaders from across the country convened for the university's inaugural National Development Council (NDC) weekend summit from Oct. 26-28. Members of this new advisory panel, both alumni and non-alumni, were appointed by university President Michael Ortiz for two-year terms.
With impressive resumes and the prospects of opening doors for the university at national levels, NDC members will help advocate for and advance the university's mission, as well as counsel the president and his cabinet on financial matters. At the initial meeting, members reviewed the university's master plan, discussed ways to reduce campus greenhouse gas emissions, and considered future capital campaign goals, among other areas that may enhance the university environment.
Serving as chairman is accounting alumnus Mickey Segal '80, managing partner of Nigro Karlin Segal & Feldstein LLP of Los Angeles, one of the nation's leading business management firms and among the largest locally owned firms in Southern California. With more than 150 employees, the company specializes in the representation of clients who are prominent in the entertainment industry and sports world. Segal is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Equally notable in their various fields, all members have committed to helping make a difference for the university. The council is comprised of the following members:
- Daniel A. Andrews – Owner, Dan Andrews Farms
- Joel H. Benkie – Vice President, Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Jim L. Brulte – Partner, California Strategies & Communications
- Viggo Butler – Chairman, United Airports Ltd.
- Lance Calvert – President, LACA Inc.
- Steven P. Cesinger – President, Dewberry Cesinger Holdings
- Wen Chang – President, Trade Union International Inc.
- James A. Collins – Collins Financial Investments
- Richard A. Croxall – Vice President & Chief Engineer, Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Michael S. Entzminger – Chairman of the Board & CEO, Mach 1 Air Services
- Jeffrey Eppink -President, Enegis, LLC
- Dennis Firestone – President, KKW Trucking Inc.
- Bill Ford – Senior Vice President & Senior Client Manager, Nonprofit Education & Institutions Bank of America
- Lawrence M. Gates – Principal, Development Resource Consultants
- Ronald W. Gregoire – Palm Desert, California
- Sylvia C. Hall – Director, Corporate Research & Engineering, Ameron International Corp.
- Charles W. Hewitt – Professor & Surgery Director Transplantation & Immunology Laboratory, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Darcel L. Hulse – President & CEO, Sempra LNG
- Don B. Huntley – Owner & Partner, Huntley Moore Farms
- Prem Jain – Senior Vice President & General Manager, Routing Technology Group, Cisco Systems
- Martin Jeffrey King – Co-Founder & CEO, King's Seafood Company
- Randall Lewis – Executive Vice President, Lewis Operating Corp.
- Jacob Lipa – President, Psomas,
- Arthur J. Ludwick – Glendora, California
- Niaz Mohamed Jr. – President, Niaz Mohamed Jr. Farming
- David S. Mok – President & CEO, Cameron Enterprises Ltd.
- Norman A. Morales – President & CEO, Vineyard National Bank
- Christopher Pak – President & CEO, Archeon International
- Michelle S. Payne – Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations, National Wildlife Federation
- David Perez – Mayor, City of Industry
- Gregory Schofield – Senior Vice President & General Manager, Sales, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- Mickey S. Segal – Managing Partner, Nigro Karlin Segal & Feldstein LLP
- Bipin A. Shah – CEO & Chairman, Kovair Software
- Lawrence J. Taff – Managing Partner, Shidler Group
- Gregory C. Talbott – Senior Executive Vice President, PFF Bank & Trust
- Dana L. Thomas – President & CEO, Index Fresh Inc.
- Rene Trevino – Executive Director, Commander, Navy Region Southwest
- Kathy Tully – Senior Vice President & Wealth Advisor, Morgan Stanley
- Kent R. Valley – Senior Vice President, Majestic Realty Co.
- Eva Wasserman – Principal, State Parkway Advisory
- Charles E. Wilcox III – Chief Executive Officer, American Red Cross, Southern California Region