|Young players learn how to field and throw during the 2006 Bronco Baseball Camp.|
|Nick Eberhardt, 6, prepares try a shot during soccer camp in 2002.|
|Young hoop stars get into the action at basketball camp in 2000.|
Registration is open for Cal Poly Pomona's Athletics department summer youth sports camps for basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball and tennis. The camps run from June 25 through Aug. 10 and cost varies from $100 per week for a half-day session to $525 per week for an overnight camp.
Summer sports camps have been a tradition at Cal Poly Pomona for more than 25 years. Not only do students learn sports techniques under the direct supervision of the university's coaching staff, but they also train with student athletes who are currently suiting up for the Broncos. Sports camps offer children, ages 6 to 18, the opportunity to meet scholar-athlete role models and to experience campus life.
Discounts are available for staff and faculty. Contact the respective coaches for details.
- The 2003 and 2005 NCAA Division II West Region champion men's basketball team will run three one-week camps for girls and boys June 25 – July 29; July 16-20; and Aug. 6-10. Campers will have the benefit of individual attention at a camper/instructor ratio of 10:1 in an effective and fun learning environment. The camp will be under the direction of Coach Greg Kamansky. The campers will also receive daily lunch, a Bronco basketball camp T-shirt and prizes and giveaways. For more information, contact Damion Hill at (909) 869-2952 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The men's baseball program offers girls and boys, ages 6-15, one of the most popular camps every year. These five-day sessions will have a strong emphasis on fundamentals including hitting, throwing, fielding and more. The Bronco baseball program will offer a pair of one-week camps, which will be held on June 23-27 and Aug. 6-10. Both camps will feature a visit by a member of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The first camp will feature outfielder Reggie Willits and the second camp will feature second baseman Howie Kendrick. Camps will include daily lunch at the university residence halls and a Bronco baseball camp T-shirt. Cal Poly Pomona Head Coach Mike Ashman, who is also a batting practice pitcher for the Angels, is the camp director. For more information, contact Mike Ashman at (909) 869-2829 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- There will be plenty of soccer this summer for girls and boys at Cal Poly Pomona as five camps are being offered by Hall of Fame soccer star Paul Caligiuri, the former LA Galaxy and United States World Cup player. Now in his sixth year at Cal Poly Pomona, Caligiuri and his staff will bring fast-paced excitement and expert training to the camps. This will be one of the most comprehensive all-level camps in the area and will include personal evaluation, a camp T-shirt and soccer ball and meals in a university cafeteria. The weeks offered for co-ed soccer day camp are June 25-29 and July 23-27. Two evening camps for goalkeepers and strikers will be June 25-28 and July 23-26 and the College Showcase High School Boys Live-In Camp will be July 16-20. For more information, contact Paul Caligiuri at (909) 869-2821 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Cal Poly Pomona women's soccer team will also host four one-week camp sessions for girls, ages 6-17.Two of the camps will be goalkeeper camps and the other two camps will be regular soccer camps. The soccer camps will be June 25-29 and July 16-20. The goalkeeper camps will be held on those dates as well. The camps will be under the direction of Head Coach Isabelle Harvey, a four-time All-American and World Cup player with impressive coaching credentials. For more information, contact Coach Janet Cassidy at (909) 869-2047 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- The championship women's basketball coaching staff will run two one-week camps June 25-29 and July 9-13 for girls, ages 6-17. Head Coach Scott Davis will be running and directing the camp. The Broncos have reached the NCAA playoffs 20 times and have won a record 48 playoff games and five national championships. The camp will feature development of fundamental skills with special focus on shooting, technique, footwork and positioning. It will also include a personalized player evaluation and numerous awards for competitions. For more information, contact Coach Britt Sumida at (909) 869-2823 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The women's volleyball program, which won the 2005 CCAA Conference championship, will host three camps this summer for girls and boys. The first session runs July 9-13 and is a youth camp for ages 11-15. The second camp is July 23-27 and the final camp is July 30- Aug. 3. The latter two camps are for campers 12-18 years old. Campers will enjoy daily competition as well as learn fundamental skills. The coach to player ratio will be 8:1 and players will receive specialized position training. Head Coach Rosie Wegrich, who was named 2005 CCAA coach of the year and has over 600 career wins at Cal Poly Pomona, directs the camp. The camp includes a daily lunch and a camp T-shirt. For more information, contact Rosie Wegrich at (909) 869-2822/2809 or e-mail at email@example.com.
For more details about the camps, visit: https://dsa.cpp.edu/athletics/sportscamps/default.asp.
For general information about Bronco Athletics contact (909) 869-2810 or visit www.broncoathletics.com.