|Andy Morales, left, and Mark Acuna of the Tongva Band of Mission Indians of San Gabriel at BioTrek in 2002.|
The campus community is invited to participate in a series of events throughout January to celebrate Native American Heritage Month. The commemorations seek to increase awareness of Native American culture, history and contemporary issues.
Native American Heritage Month Events:
- Jan. 9 – “Who is Native Anyway?” Bronco Student Center, Ursa Minor, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Jan. 11 – Native Art & Film Night, University Housing – Montecito Hall, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Jan. 19 – Tribal Fusion: A Blend of Traditional & Urban Music, University Plaza, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Jan. 23 – Educational Issues in Native American Communities, Bronco Student Center, Ursa Minor, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Jan. 31 – Closing Ceremony & Recognition, Bronco Student Center, Orion Suite, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. (RSVP is required)
The events are co-sponsored by Associated Students, Inc., Green Team, MEChA, Native American Heritage Month Committee, Native American
Student Center, Office of Student Life & Cultural Centers, Red Nations and University Housing Services.
For more information, call the Native American Student Center at (909) 869-6877.