|This year's Outstanding Academic Advisers were honored at a reception hosted by President Ortiz.|
President Michael Ortiz honored this year's Outstanding Academic Advisers for their dedication to students with a ceremony and reception on May 25 at the CLA Building's Heritage Conference Center.
This year's 10 outstanding advisers are:
- Martin Sancho-Madriz, College of Agriculture
- Michele Rash, College of Agriculture
- Ashok Natarajan, College of Business Administration
- Christina Chavez, College of Education & Integrative Studies
- Vilupanur Ravi, College of Engineering
- Axel Prichard-Schmitzberger, College of Environmental Design
- Margie Jones, The Collins School of Hospitality Management
- Jane Ballinger, College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
- Lisa Alex, College of Science
- Won Choi, Student Affairs
In addition, the Student Support & Equity Programs (SSEP) in the division of Student Affairs was selected as the Outstanding Advising Program of the Year.
Each award winner is chosen by faculty, staff and students from their college or division.