|“PolyTrends” magazine won a Communicator Award of Excellence and an Award of Distinction for design.|
|University Photographer Tom Zasadzinski won an Award of Distinction for the “Corner Kick Collision” photograph.|
Cal Poly Pomona’s Office of Public Affairs has won the following six 2006 Communicator Awards:
- Award of Excellence for “PolyTrends” magazine
- Award of Distinction for “Corner Kick Collision” photograph
- Award of Distinction for “PolyTrends” design
- Award of Distinction for “Friends of WKK Arabian Horse Center” brochure
- Honorable Mention for “PolyCentric” online newsmagazine
- Honorable Mention for “Friends of Kellogg House Pomona” brochure
The Communicator Awards is an international awards competition that recognizes outstanding work in the communications fields. Entries are judged by industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry. There were more than 5,000 entries nationwide in the 2006 print media competition. The Award of Excellence was awarded to about 14 percent of entries. The Award of Distinction was awarded to about 18 percent of entries; and the honorable mentions are awarded to about 7 percent of entries.
Winners of the Communicator Awards come from advertising and public relations agencies, corporate communications departments, educational institutions, governmental entities, independent designers, writers and other businesses.
To see a list of awardees, visit www.communicator-awards.com.