|The Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association recently honored nine Distinguished Alumni who have achieved an extraordinary level of success in their professions.|
The Distinguished Alumni Awards program has been a tradition at Cal Poly Pomona for 45 years to recognize alumni for their professional achievement, community involvement and service to the university. On April 29, the Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association hosted a banquet at the Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch in honor of nine alumni who have achieved an extraordinary level of success in their professions.
This year's honorees include:
- Norman K. Fang '88, College of Agriculture
- Bruce Ray (posthumously) '65, College of Business Administration
- Sue Cramton Johnson '79, College of Education & Integrative Studies
- Mark Stevens, '75, College of Engineering
- David Salazar, '90, College of Environmental Design
- Ivan Misner, '78, College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
- Keith Soon Kim, '62, College of Science
- Hae Park, '78, The Collins School of Hospitality Management
- Tim Mead, '80, Athletics
To read a complete bio on each honoree, click here.
The tradition of recognizing outstanding Cal Poly Pomona alumni began in 1961 with only one alumnus or alumna chosen annually for outstanding academic, professional or community achievement. It has evolved into nine individuals nominated and chosen by nine different school/colleges/units each year.