|The Music department will host the ?Phillip Clarke Celebration? in honor of the recently retired Cal Poly Pomona instructor on Sunday, Oct. 10 at 4 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall.|
The campus community is invited to attend the more than 15 musical performances that will be offered this fall through the Music department. The on-campus concerts feature students, faculty, staff and guest artists and draw from a wide range of musical genres.
The Fall 2004 season will include a piano benefit in honor of retired professor Phillip Clarke, the annual fund-raising Faculty Jamboree “At the Movies” and numerous ensemble performances.
Performances are in the universitys Music Recital Hall, and tickets are $7 unless otherwise noted. For more information about music events, call Teresa Kelly at (909) 869-3554.
- Sunday, Oct. 10, 4 p.m.– The”Phillip Clarke Celebration” will honor the recently retired instructor with performances by music students, alumni and faculty. The event will benefit the piano program.
- Thursday, Oct. 21, noon — A “Fall Showcase” directed by Cal Poly Pomona's Susan Burns will be free of charge for the campus and surrounding community.
- Friday, Oct. 22, 8 p.m. — “At the Movies” is the ninth annual Faculty Jamboree featuring faculty and staff from the music department. The university's own will perform music written for the movies.
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, noon — The Cal Poly Pomona String Ensemble, directed by Kay Pech, will give a free performance in the Music Building, Room 105.
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 8 p.m.– Cahueque & Noll will feature David Cahueque on guitar and Janet Noll on piano.
- Thursday, Nov. 18, 8 p.m. — A Digital Music Series performance will be directed by Dave Kopplin and David Grasmick.
- Friday, Nov. 19, 8 p.m. — The Elgart/Yates Guitar Duo will showcase Peter Yates and Matthew Elgart.
- Saturday, Nov. 20, 7 p.m. — “Bass-ically Speaking“ highlights Cal Poly Pomona's Janine Riveire on contrabass and Janet Noll on piano.
- Tuesday, Nov. 23, noon — The Cal Poly Pomona Salsa Ensemble will provide a free concert under the direction of Gustavo Gil in the University Quad.
- Tuesday, Nov. 30, noon — The Cal Poly Pomona String Ensemble will give a free concert under the direction of Kay Pech in the Music Building, Room 105.
- Tuesday, Nov. 30, 8 p.m. — The Cal Poly Pomona Jazz Band will perform in the Music Recital Hall under the direction of Dave Kopplin.
- Wednesday, Dec. 1, 8 p.m. — The Cal Poly Pomona Concert Band will stage a concert under the direction of Buddy Clements.
- Thursday, Dec. 2, noon — The Kellogg Percussion Ensemble will give a free concert in the Music Recital Hall Landing. Bill Schlitt directs.
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 8 p.m.–The University Concert Choir and Kellogg Chamber Singers will perform together under the direction of Iris Levine.
- Friday, Dec. 3, 8 p.m. — The Cal Poly Pomona Guitar Ensemble performs under the direction of Peter Yates.
- Saturday, Dec. 4, 7:30 p.m. — The Cal Poly Pomona Gospel Choir will take the stage under the direction of Bobby Laird.