|The Sixth Annual Healing the Earth Powwow will take place Nov. 20, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., in the Rose Garden.|
The campus community is invited to participate in a series of events ranging from arts and crafts to a powwow in November to celebrate Native American Heritage Month. Sponsored by the Native American Student Center (NASC), the commemorations seek to increase awareness of Native American culture, history and contemporary issues.
For more information, call the Native American Student Center at (909) 869-6877.
- Nov. 2 – Opening ceremony and fry bread sale, noon to 2 p.m., at the University Plaza
- Nov. 9 – Native arts and crafts, noon to 2 p.m., at the University Plaza
- Nov. 16 – Discussion of Native American sacred sites, 6-8 p.m., Bronco Student Center, Ursa Minor
- Nov. 20 – Sixth Annual Healing the Earth Powwow, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., in the Rose Garden. This event is co-sponsored by NASC, Mt. San Antonio College's Native American Intertribal Alliance and Red Nations Student Alliance. These groups have collaborated with local native groups, including the Gabrielino/Tongva tribe to provide children's activities, native foods, exhibition dancing, arts & crafts vendors and more.
- Nov. 23 – Discussion of Native American mascots, 6-8 p.m., Bronco Student Center, Ursa Major A
- Nov. 30 – Closing Ceremony, noon to 2 p.m. at the University Plaza