|Entertainer, activist and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Harry Belafonte will speak on “The U.N., Africa and the U.S.” Belafonte on Wednesday, Oct. 13, at noon in the Bronco Student Center's Ursa Major Suite A.|
The Campus Forum on Wednesday, Oct. 13, featuring entertainer, activist and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Harry Belafonte has been cancelled. Belafonte is suffering from post-operation complications and has been advised against travelling by his doctor. He will be at another Campus Forum in the Winter.
The Campus Forum series, free and open to the public, brings speakers to campus to discuss topics of current and pertinent interest. These forums are scheduled for Wednesdays, from noon to 1 p.m., in the Bronco Student Center. Other lectures this fall include:
- Oct. 20: CAROL BRIGHTMAN, journalist, biographer and author of the forthcoming book, Total Insecurity: The Myth of American Omnipotence, “Voting for Trouble: America Upside Down.” Orion Suite, Bronco Student Center.
- Oct. 27: JEFFREY ST. CLAIR, author and co-editor of Counterpunch,” Bush and the Environmental Rapture.” Ursa Major Suite A, Bronco Student Center.
- Nov. 3: FACULTY FORUM, “Election '04.” Ursa Major Suite A, Bronco Student Center.
- Nov. 10: JOHN ROSS, journalist, activist and author of Murdered by Capitalism, “The U.S. Had a Mexican Election and Mexico Had a U.S. Election.” Ursa Major Suite A, Bronco Student Center.
- Nov. 17: FRANK BARDACKE, author of a forthcoming biography on Cesar Chavez, “The Legacy of Cesar Chavez.” Ursa Major Suite A, Bronco Student Center.
- Dec. 1: RABBI LEONARD BEERMAN, “Israel, Palestine and American Jews.” Ursa Major Suite A, Bronco Student Center.
These events are sponsored by the Student Coalition for a Just Peace, the California Faculty Association and the College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences. For more information, call Saul Landau, director of digital media and international outreach programs, at (909) 869-3115.