University Village Residents Evacuated Due to Natural Gas Leak

Residents in buildings one through five of the University Village as well as the Community Center were evacuated on the morning of July 13 when construction work caused a leak of natural gas. No injuries were reported.

The leak occurred about 10 a.m. when a construction crew broke a one-inch line.  The Gas Co. arrived on scene and repairs were made by early afternoon.

The Los Angeles County Fire Department, University Police, University Parking Services and the University Village staff worked together to evacuate the six buildings and direct detours.