Graphic Communication Services announces a new university stationery paper available to the campus community beginning Oct. 1. The decision to switch from Neutech is due to the paper being discontinued soon by the manufacturer.
An alternative paper, Synergy, which features excellent ink coverage and contains recycled material, was recommended by the Graphic Standards Committee. The committee carefully considered papers this summer, testing several comparable to Neutech's quality. The committee also looked at cost, local suppliers and the ability to reproduce well on all printers in Graphic Communications Services.
As Graphic Communications Services begins stocking the new university stationery paper, members of the campus community are advised to be aware of the following:
- Synergy becomes available for university stationery use effective Oct. 1, 2003.
- All departments are urged to continue using their existing stationery supply until depleted.
- It is understandable that until Neutech is completely phased out on campus, letterhead paper may not match envelopes and vice versa. Departments are asked to use their discretion during this transition period.
- Although stationery paper is changing, the university logo and stationery design remain unchanged.
- For questions about stationery orders, contact John Schneck, Graphic Communications Services, at (909) 869-3300.
- For questions about the Graphic Standards Committee, contact Aida Morad, Public Affairs, at (909) 869-3346.