The search process for the next California State University (CSU) chancellor begins in November with a series of open forums, hosted by the Board of Trustees Special Committee to Consider the Selection of the Chancellor.
Cal Poly Pomona will host the third forum on Friday, Nov. 22, from noon to 2 p.m. in the Student Services Building’s multipurpose room (first floor). The campus community and the public are invited to the forum.
The event will also be livestreamed on the Chancellor’s recruitment website, which has information about the search and a feedback form.
Six planned forums are part of a listening tour to gather feedback from stakeholders and interested parties as the trustees search for the university’s next chancellor. This information will help guide the recruitment activities over the next several months, with the goal to appoint a new chancellor in summer 2020. Chancellor Timothy P. White announced this month that he intends to retire at the end of the 2019-20 academic year.
Schedule of the forums:
- Tuesday, Nov 12, from noon to 2 p.m. in the University Union Ballroom at Sacramento State
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, from noon to 2 p.m. in the Student Union Multipurpose Room at California State University, East Bay
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Dumke Auditorium at the California State University Office of the Chancellor (estimated start time pending the conclusion of the Board of Trustees meeting)
- Friday, Nov. 22, from noon. to 2 p.m. in the Student Services Building at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Tuesday, Dec. 3, from noon to 2 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom at California State University San Marcos
- Thursday, Dec. 5 from noon to 2 p.m. in the Satellite Student Union at California State University, Fresno
More information about the search for the next chancellor is on the CSU website.