The Student Services Building has a parking lot adjacent to the building, known as Lot C. The information below provides detail on the lot and how it will be used.
How many spaces are in Lot C?
The lot contains approximately 150 spaces.
Who will be allowed to park in Lot C?
The lot is designated for purposes outlined below. Student, faculty and staff permits are not valid in this lot.
How are the parking spaces designated in Lot C?
- Visitors – The majority of the spaces will be dedicated for one-hour parking for visitors. One-hour only parking permits are available for purchase at a kiosk located in Lot C or at the F8 Information Booth.
- ADA Accessible – 12 spaces provided in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Medical – 8 spaces dedicated for medical parking permits
- State Vehicles – 4 spaces for state vehicles
- Guests – 20 spaces for guests of the university
- Electric Carts – 8 electric carts spaces with charging capabilities
- Rideshare – 8 spaces with 15-minute limits for rideshare services (e.g., Uber and Lyft), as well as short-term drop-off and pickup to the SSB.
- Service Vehicles – a limited number of service spaces for campus personnel with service permits performing short-term business. These spaces are not intended for all-day use.
- It should be noted that most of the above designated spaces currently exist in adjacent lots and are being moved to Lot C
Will the Bronco Shuttle have a stop at the SSB? Will it still stop at the CLA?
Shuttle A will stop near the CLA and the SSB
Can students park in Lot C?
No, however, student parking continues to be available in the campus parking structures and outlying lots.
Is there faculty/staff parking?
No, however, parking Lots F4 and F8 remain in use for faculty/staff.
Is there a drop-off zone? Who will be allowed to use it?
Yes. The drop-off zone is at the corner of Kellogg Drive and Red Gum Lane next to the SSB and is open to all campus personnel and visitors.
Will there be a new information booth?
Yes. A new information booth in the drop-off area is currently being designed.
Is there electric vehicle parking for non-state vehicles?
No. Charging stations remain available in Parking Lot K and Parking Structure 2.
When will parking enforcement begin for Lot C?
UPD will begin enforcement of Lot C on Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019.