Cal Poly Pomona will celebrate Homecoming on Saturday, March 3 with baseball, food trucks, a Ferris wheel, Scat ride (double tilt-a-whirl), carnival booths, an inflatable bounce house, giant slide, Danny’s farm, live music and more.
Homecoming will feature the Cal Poly Pomona baseball team in a double-header against UC San Diego, starting at 2 p.m. Last year’s team won their division and advanced to the NCAA West Region finals. Two Bronco pitchers were selected back-to-back in the Major League Baseball draft last June.
The carnival, food trucks and Danny’s Farm events be on campus from noon to 5 p.m. The first baseball game begins at 2 p.m. followed by the second game at approximately 6 p.m. The live concert begins at 4 p.m.
Homecoming is free for students, faculty and staff who can register on the Homecoming website to get wristbands for entrance and all of the activities. Alumni, family and friends can purchase wristbands for $12 on the website. Parking Structure 2 is the closest parking lot to the festivities, and $8 parking permit will be required.
Festivities will begin on Feb. 26 with ASI’s Spirit Week leading up to Homecoming. Events include:
Monday, Feb. 26
- Apple Pie with ASI, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., University Park
- Spirit Kickoff, 2 to 6 p.m., University Park
Tuesday, Feb. 27
- Club Food Festival, noon to 1 p.m., University Park
Wednesday, Feb. 28
- REC Day, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., BRIC & Bronco Commons
Thursday, March 1
- Bronco Pride Day, Parade and Pep Rally, noon to 1 p.m., University Park
Friday, March 2
- Bronco Madness, 9 p.m. to midnight, BSC & University Park
More information about Spirit Week will be available on ASI’s website.