At a campuswide town hall meeting on Thursday, the Strategic Planning Steering Committee presented the updated strategic plan – the university’s mission, vision, values, and initiatives and emerging strategies.
The committee encouraged the campus community to share their comments, questions and reflections via the Strategic Plan website. The website also includes video of the town hall meeting and a PDF of the presentation.
With the core of the strategic plan in place, the university will begin to operationalize and implement the plan, including developing a cohesive academic plan and campus master plan. Specifically, the next steps include: defining goals and objectives, establishing timelines, developing budget requirements and creating metrics.
Summary of Updated Strategic Plan
Mission statement: We cultivate success through a diverse culture of experiential learning, discovery, and innovation.
Vision statement: Cal Poly Pomona will be the model for an inclusive polytechnic university that inspires creativity and innovation, embraces local and global challenges, and transforms lives.
- Academic Excellence – We demonstrate academic quality, relevance, and excellence through our teaching, learning, scholarship, and creative activities with student centered faculty in an evidence based culture.
- Experiential Learning – Our polytechnic identity fosters an integrative approach to education through collaboration, discovery, learn-by-doing, and innovation. Our approach encourages reflection, informed risk-taking, and continuous learning.
- Inclusive – Our diversity across multiple dimensions reflects and enhances our community. We are welcoming and respectful, and we value diversity.
- Student Learning and Success – We are deeply committed to educational experiences and supportive services that engage our students, enhance personal well-being and growth, provide career opportunities, and foster ethical citizenship.
- Social and Environmental Responsibility – As global citizens, our individual and collective actions reflect our commitment to one another, society, and the environment.
- Community Engagement – We nurture mutually beneficial and meaningful relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
Initiatives & Emerging Strategies
- Quality programs that promote integrative learning, discovery, and creativity
- Student learning and success
- Readiness for post-graduation endeavors
- Economic vitality and impact
- Organizational development and employee excellence