Cal Poly Pomona’s celebration of National Library Week will get a little help from friends when the host of the radio show “Breakfast with the Beatles” comes to campus.
The official kickoff on Sunday, April 12 will feature a live KLOS FM broadcast from the Bronco Student Center’s Ursa Major for the station’s popular show. Host Chris Carter will broadcast from 9 a.m. to noon for the event, which is sponsored by the Associated Students, Inc.
National Library Week officially runs from April 12-18, but the University Library plans to start the celebration early.
A talk on garden writing, a workshop on fan fiction and a presentation on the chemistry of wine are part of the “Unlimited Possibilities” events at the library.
National Library Week events:
- The College of Agriculture Gardening Club’s Peggy Perry will present “Is the Pen Mightier Than the Trowel? Garden Writing Through the Ages” on Tuesday, April 7 from noon to 1 p.m. in Special Collections on the fourth floor.
- A “Fan Fiction Writing” workshop co-hosted by professors Rosanne Welch and Melissa Aaron will be held Thursday, April 9 from noon to 1 p.m. in Special Collections on the fourth floor.
- A live broadcast from Bronco Student Center’s Ursa Major of KLOS FM’s “Breakfast with the Beatles is scheduled Sunday, April 12 from 9 a.m. to noon. Breakfast refreshments will be served.
- “The Chemistry of Wine” will be discussed by Provost Award recipient Ernie Simpson on Monday, April 13 from noon to 1 p.m. in Special Collections on the fourth floor.
- A Zotero workshop presented by Christy Stevens, the library’s head of reference and instruction, will be offered Tuesday, April 14 from noon to 1 p.m. in room 1828 in the library. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops. Call (909) 869-4236 or visit http://tinyurl.com/p47jehx for more information.
- “Artstor: It’s Not Just ART!,” presented by Don Page, the social sciences librarian, and Penelope Wood, environmental design librarian, is set Thursday, April 16 from noon to 1 p.m. in room 2907 on the second floor of the University Library.
- “The Flip Side of Feminism: Masculinity Across the 12 Doors,” a return of the “Doctor Who” lecture series presented by Professor Rosanne Welch, will be presented on Tuesday, April 21 from noon to 1 p.m. in room 1807 on the first floor of the University Library.