Cal Poly Pomona is closing out its 75th Anniversary with a bang!
The university community is invited on Friday, June 6 to watch fireworks, enjoy live music, play games and share a 6-foot-long birthday cake. Admission is free and open to students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends.
The festivities will take place from 4 p.m. to midnight in Bronco Commons, which is the open field between the Bronco Bookstore and Kellogg Gym. The fireworks show begins at 9 p.m. Other activities include a pool party, water slides, food trucks, glow paint party and more.
Parking permits are required, and a daily permit may be purchased for $5.
“This has been an amazing 75th anniversary year, and a fireworks display is a fitting way to cap off the celebration,” says Barnaby Peake, event organizer and director of programs and marketing for ASI. “From the pool party to the bungee trampoline to a concert by headliner Parachute, there is something for everyone. We hope students, faculty, staff and alumni will all come out and show their Bronco spirit.”
Indie pop band Parachute will perform around 7:30 p.m. on the main stage in Bronco Commons. The band has toured with Kelly Clarkson, Hot Chelle Rae, Plain White T’s and Gavin DeGraw. They’re best known for the hits “She is Love” and “Kiss Me Slowly.”
(*There is a charge for some activities.)
4 to 8:30 p.m. (some activities may extend to midnight)
- Live music
- Inflatable obstacle course
- Waterslide and slip ’n’ slide
- Pool party – Check out the new Bronco Recreation and Intramural Complex (BRIC) pool.
- Food trucks* – White Rabbit Truck, Bacon Mania Truck, Crepes Bonaparte, My Tornado Potato, Piaggio on Wheels, My Delight Cupcakery, Share Mii, Poly Trolley
- Student project showcase
- Bungee trampoline
- Photo booth
- Build a Bronco*
- Climbing rock wall
- DIY Rose Float
- Happy Birthday sing-along and cake
7:30 p.m. – Parachute in concert
- Video contest winners – Watch the winning videos from the 75th Anniversary Video Contest.
- Fireworks countdown – President Ortiz and ASI President Christine Hall will lead a countdown to the fireworks show.
9 p.m. – Fireworks Show
9:15 p.m. to midnight – Bronco Madness
- Body glow paint DIY station
- Laser tag
- Video DJ
- Balloon animals
- Airbrush tattoos
- T-shirt art
- Mom’s Mini Donuts
- Kettle corn
For more information about the 75th Anniversary, visit www.cpp.edu/75th.