This step-by-step guide shows you how to submit an event to the Campus Events calendar, also known as the master calendar. After an event is submitted, a moderator will review it and approve it. For technical questions about submitting events, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Starting from the Cal Poly Pomona home page, click on “Calendar” located in the top right hand corner.
2. Click on “Submit Event”, located on the right hand side of the page. This will direct you to the event submission form.
3. Enter the event details into the submission form:
- Enter the title of your event. Do not change the post date.
- Select a calendar and an event type.
You can also select multiple calendars to post your event on. Select “Multiple Calendars” and pick from the list. Click “Apply” when you’ve made your selection.
- Enter a contact name, email and phone number. If you do not want that information to be publicly shown along with the event, check any or all of the Hide boxes.
- Enter the location of your event.
- In the Event Description box, you can enter more details about the event.
- If you want to add a photo or flyer, upload it by clicking on the “Add Image” link.
- In the Event Times box, enter the event date, start time and end time. If the event is not timed or there is no end time, you can select those options as well.
4. If you want to alert specific people that the event has been submitted to the master calendar, type in their emails in the Email Addresses box.
5. To preview the event before you submit it, click on “Preview.”
6. To submit your event, click “Submit.”