Come and experience a day in agriculture at the Farm Store on Saturday, March 1 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Everyone is invited to enjoy fun activities and free food samples, including Cal Poly Pomona’s very own orange juice and produce.
Farm Store manager Dawn Taccone and her staff members are expecting more than 1,000 visitors.
“This family-friendly event gives students and community members an opportunity to visit the Farm Store and purchase all the beautiful produce we grow here on campus,” Taccone says.
- Enjoy free food samples from vendors including specialty snacks.
- Purchase deli sandwiches.
- Watch cooking demonstrations.
- Play games.
- Make arts and crafts.
- Enter to win a Farm Store gift basket.
- Pet animals from Danny’s Farm including sheep, goats and pigs (weather permitting).
- Touch live and view preserved insects from around the world at the bug exhibit.
- Attend the College of Agriculture’s open house.
The Taste of the Farm Store event will be held, rain or shine. Admission is free, but some activities will have a small fee. Guests may purchase a parking pass for $3 and park in Lot U.