In his weekly video message, President Ortiz talks about the CSU Board of Trustees’ plan to limit the number of units campuses require of students to earn a degree.
The trustees’ plan is to intended to reduce educational costs and help students graduate more quickly. By fall 2014, most bachelor’s degree programs will require a maximum of 180 quarter units or 120 semesters, with a few exceptions.
Other topics in the president’s video message:
- applications are being accepted for Stories of Successful Learning
- The College of Business Administration is inviting budding entrepreneurs to take part in the Bronco Startup Challenge
- a Feb. 5 workshop to help student veterans transition from life in the military to life at Cal Poly Pomona
- the Department of Theater and Modern Dance’s presentation of “The Guys”
- Pizza with the Presidents recap
- staffing changes in the President’s Office.
To read the entire video message, download a PDF of the transcript.