|The Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association honor nine alumni who have achieved an extraordinary level of success in their professions.|
The Distinguished Alumni Awards program has been a tradition at Cal Poly Pomona for 45 years to recognize alumni for their professional achievement, community involvement and service to the university. On April 28, the Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association hosted a banquet at the Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch in honor of nine alumni who have achieved an extraordinary level of success in their professions.
This year's honorees include:
- Terry Noriega, '79, College of Agriculture, owner of El Nativo Growers Inc. and Mariposa Horticulture Enterprises Inc.
- Viggo Butler, '64, College of Business Administration, chairman of United Airports Limited
- Nick Salerno, '76, College of Education & Integrative Studies, assistant superintendent for educational services for El Monte Union High School District
- Larry Gates, '87, College of Engineering, founder and president of Development Resource Consultants Inc.
- Heather L. Poole, '97, College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences, immigration law attorney for a private practice
- Stan R. Braden, '77, College of Environmental Design, president of KTGY Group Inc.
- Peter K. Valles, '83, College of Science, learning and development manager for Shell International Exploration and Productions Inc.
- Arthur (Art) I. Barajas, '92, The Collins School of Hospitality Management, general manager of South Hills Country Club
- Tracy A. Worley Hagen, '82, Athletics, mayor pro tem for the city of Tustin and chairman of the Orange County Fire Authority Board
To read a complete bio on each honoree, click here.
The tradition of recognizing outstanding Cal Poly Pomona alumni began in 1961 with only one alumnus or alumna chosen annually for outstanding academic, professional or community achievement. It has evolved into nine individuals nominated and chosen by the academic colleges and Athletics.