|Henrietta Mubako, a singer with the Soul Music Ensemble, sings “Video” in the University Quad.|
|Phillip Graulty plays the guitar during
last year's “Winter Showcase” presented by the Music department.
The campus community is invited to attend more than a dozen musical performances that will be offered this winter through the Music department. The oncampus concerts feature students, faculty, staff and guest artists and draw from a wide range of musical genres.
This winter, the Music department is proud to host the Charles Lindsley Memorial Vocal Scholarship Fund-Raiser to benefit the university's vocal program. The event will take place Friday, Jan. 28, at 8 p.m.
For more information about music events, call Teresa Kelly at (909) 869-3554.
- Friday, Jan. 28 — The Charles Lindsley Memorial Vocal Scholarship Fund-Raiser, this year titled “The Lighter Side,” will be directed by professor Susan Burns. The performance begins at 8 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. Performances featuring farce and folly include performances by the Kellogg Chamber Singers, directed by Iris Levine, vocal students and Janet Noll on piano. $7.
- Thursday, Feb. 3 — Cal Poly Pomona music students, under the direction of professor Dave Kopplin, will provide a Winter Showcase at noon. Free.
- Sunday, Feb. 13 — Producer, performer and composer Deborah Johnson will preview her new material during a voice recital at 6 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. $7.
- Monday, Feb. 28 — The Cal Poly Pomona Concert Band, directed by lecturer Buddy Clements, will perform in the Music Recital Hall at 8 p.m. $7.
- Tuesday, March 1 — Lecturer Gustavo Gil will direct the Cal Poly Pomona Salsa Ensemble at noon in a performance in the University Quad. Free.
- Tuesday, March 1 — The Cal Poly Pomona String Ensemble will stage “Wow! Women of the World!” music by women composers of the past thousand years, under the direction of lecturer Kay Pech. The performance will be at 8 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. $7.
- Thursday, March 3 — The University Concert Choir and Kellogg Chamber Singers will perform music by women composers during “Anonymous No More …” at 8 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. Professor Iris Levine directs. $7.
- Tuesday, March 8 — Lecturer BillSchlitt will lead the Kellogg Percussion Ensemble in a noontime concert in the Music Recital Hall landing. Free.
- Tuesday, March 8 — Trumpeter Bill Churchville will serve as the featured artist during “Jazz Night”, an ensemble performance with the Cal Poly Pomona Jazz Band, Polyhedra Jazz Ensemble, Norco High School Jazz Ensemble, Upland Unified School District and Elementary Jazz Band. The concert begins at 8 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. $7.
- Thursday, March 10 — Professor David Grasmick will showcase digital music at 8 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. $7.
- Friday, March 11 — The Cal Poly Pomona Guitar Ensemble, under the direction of assistant professor Peter Yates, will perform at 8 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. $7.
- Saturday, March 12 — Renowned faculty artist Matthew Elgart will perform on guitar at 8 p.m. in the Music Recital Hall. $7.