|Cal Poly Pomona offers various youth sports summer camps, including soccer.|
Cal Poly Pomona is offering the surrounding communities a variety of youth summer camps. Children can participate in a two-day Summer Computer Boot Camp program or weeklong sports or academic camps. The following are descriptions of programs offered this summer:
College Academy for Elementary Students
July 28-Aug. 1 or Aug. 25-29 ? An Elementary Academy for students going into second through fifth grades will provide students a glimpse into the polytechnic experience. The Elementary Academy provides learning experiences in visual arts, music, agriculture, design workshops, sociology, history and psychology. Instruction is interactive. The camp runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and costs $235, which includes snack, lunch, all learning materials and a T-shirt. Supervised day care until 6 p.m. is also available for an additional $22 for the entire week. For more information, call College Academy director Stefanie Saccoman at (909) 869-2579.
College Academy for Middle School Students
Aug. 4-8 or Aug. 18-22 ? This summer camp offers middle school students entering grades six through nine the full Cal Poly Pomona experience. Students will live in the university dorms, eat in Los Olivos Dining Commons and complete classes in a wide range of subjects. The Middle School Academy provides learning experiences in visual arts, music, agriculture, design workshops, sociology, history and psychology. Instruction is interactive. The camp costs $515, which includes all meals, housing, learning materials and an academy souvenir. For more information, call College Academy director Stefanie Saccoman at (909) 869-2579.
June 27 and Aug. 22?Athletics will provide sports camps for youth ages 7 to 17 to learn the fundamentals of soccer, basketball, volleyball and baseball. Costs range from $88-$474. For more information, call (909) 869-2810.
Baseball – Boys/Girls – $190
- July 7-11 (9 a.m.-3 p.m.) Features visit from an Anaheim Angels baseball player
- Aug. 11-15 (9 a.m.-3 p.m.) Darin Erstad of the Anaheim Angels will visit.
Basketball – Girls Only – $250 day or $350 overnight
- Aug. 4-8 (7 a.m.-9 p.m.) Ages 7-15
Basketball – Boys/Girls – $175
- June 23-27 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) Ages 7-15
- July 21-25 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) Ages 7-15
- Aug. 11-15 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) Ages 7-15
- Aug. 18-22 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) Ages 7-15
Soccer – Boys/Girls – $88 to $474
- June 23-27 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) Ages 7-13, Total Soccer Development, $185
- June 30-July 4 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) Ages 7-13, Advanced Week, $185
- July 7-11 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) Ages 7-13, Paul Caligiuri Week, $185
- July 14-18 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) Ages 7-13, Nike Week, $185
- Aug. 18-21 (noon-4 p.m.) Ages 7-13, Advanced CS Academy, $88
- July 14-18 (Overnight) Ages 10-17, College Showcase, $474
Tennis – Boys/Girls – $145
- July 28-Aug 1 (8 a.m. – noon) Ages 7 and up
- Aug. 4-8 (8 a.m. – noon) Ages 7 and up
- Aug. 11-15 (8 a.m. – noon) Ages 7 and up
Volleyball – Girls/Boys – $175 – $185
- July 21-24 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) Ages 12-17, $175
- July 28- Aug. 1 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) Ages 12-17, $185
Computer Boot Camp
June 27-Aug. 17 ? Junior high and high school students with some computer experience can learn to assemble, test and troubleshoot computers during Computer Boot Camp at Cal Poly Pomona. At the end of the sessions, students will get to keep the computer they built! Learning equipment and lunch are also included.
Four types of course packages are offered:
- Weeklong day camp?Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., $1,295
- Weeklong residential?Sunday at 5 p.m. to Friday at 5 p.m., $1,595
- Weekend day camp?Saturday to Sunday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., $995
- Weekendresidential?Friday at 5 p.m. to Sunday at 6 p.m., $1,295
The weeklong programs also include training in operating system installation, Microsoft Office applications and Web design. Students in residential programs will enjoy a full college experience and stay in the university?s residential halls with university counselors.
For more information, visit www.cact.cpp.edu or call the Center for Advanced Computer Technology at (909) 869-2288.